While looking for a cottage-style resort last year to book my own getaway, I stumbled across the Irwin Inn in Peterborough. Unfortunately, due to a family issue we weren’t able to enjoy a weekend away as planned, but the Irwin Inn always stayed in the back of my mind as a place I would like to visit.
Finally, I was able to take a tour of the property this spring and I’m happy to share a few thoughts and photos of the experience with you:
1. The Irwin Inn is a year-round resort and is located on the South Short of Stoney Lake in Crowe’s Landing and the lake access is done up nicely.
2. It’s family owned and that means there’s delicious home cooked meals, warm hello’s and you’re not just a number to them. When I arrived, I was quickly offered breakfast, orange juice and coffee and I was just stopping by!
3. The Irwin Inn has that traditional cottage resort feel, but with a better view and things to do. The dinning room has a great view of the lake, they have cottages with private pools / spas, spots for bon fires and of course the beach.
4. They have winter wedding solutions! As a photographer, winter weddings can be difficult to predict because of the weather. But after chatting with Jennifer (the coordinator-extraordinaire), I realized the Irwin Inn is a one stop shop for winter weddings: There’s accommodations, a secluded heated patio for the ceremony (should you want to get married outside in the snow), lots of spots for photos and of course the food! No limos required!
5. Here’s a link to their wedding details: http://www.irwininn.com/weddings.htm
6. Speaking of the website, don’t let it’s appearance fool you. It may not have all the bells and whistles of a typical corporate wedding / event venue website does, but that’s just because the Inn isn’t corporate, so why would they?
I was only able to cruise through the first half of the resort because of the heavy rain that day, but I think I got some shots that give you a pretty good idea of what to expect before you plan your own visit. If you are thinking of planning a visit there, getting engaged there or even getting married – let me know because I would be more than happy to offer you a special rate for any sessions booked at the Irwin Inn. Yep! I would shoot there again and again! 🙂